Westward Gundog Society. Designs by Tilley ©
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Dogs entered at Kennel Club Licensed Field Trials must be registered at the Kennel Club in accordance
with Kennel Club Regulations for Classification and Registration B.
2. The Society reserves the right to refuse any entry.
3. No substitute is allowed unless a veterinary certificate is produced certifying
4. All dogs resident outside the UK must be issued with a Kennel Club Authority to Compete number before entry to the show/event can be made. All overseas entries without an ATC number will be returned to the exhibitor/competitor.
5. If entries or nominations exceed the number of permitted runners, the right to compete in a Trial shall be decided by ballot.
6. Should circumstances so dictate the Society, in consultation with the Judges, may alter arrangements
as necessary. Such changes and the circumstances surrounding them must be reported to the Kennel
7. No modification may be made to the schedule after publication except by permission of the Kennel
Club, followed by advertisement in appropriate journals if time permits before the closing of entries.
8. Judges at a Trial are prohibited from entering a dog which is recorded in their ownership or part ownership.
9. Videography and photography will only be permitted with the express permission of the Chief Steward and the host.
10. Welfare of Dogs. An exhibitor (or competitor) whose dog is entered at a Kennel Club licensed event
should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(s) are met, and should not knowingly
put their dogs’ health and welfare at risk by any action, default, omission or otherwise. A breach of this
Regulation may be referred to the General Committee for disciplinary action under Kennel Club Rules
11. DOGS IN CARS ON HOT DAYS. Your dog is vulnerable and AT RISK if left in a vehicle in high
temperatures and even on days considered as slightly warm. Please take care of your dog. If your dog is
found to be at risk forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused.
1. No telephone entries accepted. Illegible entry forms will not be accepted. Draw results will only be
sent to persons who enclose a stamped addressed envelope or legible e-
forms. If more than one entry form required it may be photocopied.
2. More than one nomination can be applied for but second applications will not be balloted until first
applications have been balloted. Names should be entered in order of choice. Any owner successful in
the draw, whether they run their dog or not, will not get preference in any subsequent draw for the
same type of stake unless the subsequent draw is undersubscribed or a veterinary certificate is produced.
3. Bitches in season must not be brought to the ground.
4. All dogs must be kept on a lead except when in line or used for picking-
Judges or the Steward of the Beat.
5. Competitors should make their own arrangements for lunch.
6. Withdrawals Kennel Club rule J7f applies.
7. The OWNERS, including all Joint-
get preference in the draw. Joint-
preference in the draw.
8. All spectators attend the Trial at their own risk and must at all times obey the directions given by the
9. The trial will have deemed to have commenced after introductions have been made. Any competitor not
present at this time will be replaced by the reserve(s).
Note Our host's generosity and hospitality must not be abused by entering dogs with insufficient
experience in the shooting field. All dogs will be expected to retrieve fur and feather, including
wildfowl, if necessary.
|Field Trials Spaniels|
|Field Trials Retrievers|
|FT Rules and Regulations|
|Field Trial Results- Spaniels|
|Field Trial Results - Retrievers|
|Working Test Results|